In recent years, cannabis has become a more popular topic. With many states legalizing cannabis for medical and recreational use, people are beginning to learn more about this plant and its effects. This quick take will provide everything you need to know about cannabis, from cannabis delivery ottawa its history to its current legal status.
What Is Cannabis?
Cannabis, also known as marijuana, is a plant that contains the psychoactive compound THC. THC causes the “high” that people experience when they use cannabis. Cannabis can be smoked, eaten, or vaporized and comes in many different forms, such as flowers, edibles, oils, and concentrates.
Cannabis has a long history of use, with evidence of its use dating back thousands of years. Many ancient cultures used it for both medicinal and recreational purposes. In the United States, cannabis was widely used until it was made illegal in 1937. Since then, its use has mainly been prohibited.
However, there has been a shift in public opinion on cannabis. More and more people are beginning to see it as a harmless substance that should be legal. This change in attitude has led to many states legalizing cannabis for medical and recreational use.
Components of Cannabis?
Cannabis comprises many different compounds, the most well-known of which is THC. THC is the compound that causes the “high” that people experience when using cannabis. CBD is another vital compound found in cannabis. Unlike THC, CBD does not have any psychoactive effects. Instead, it is thought to have numerous medicinal benefits.
Cannabis also contains various other compounds, such as terpenes and flavonoids. These compounds work together to produce the various effects that cannabis has on the body.
The Different Types of Cannabis
There are many different types of cannabis, each with its own unique set of effects. The three main types of cannabis are indica, sativa, and hybrid.
Indica plants are shorter and have broader leaves. They typically contain higher levels of CBD and lower levels of THC. Indica strains are known for their relaxing and soothing effects.
Sativa plants are taller and have thinner leaves. They typically contain higher levels of THC and lower levels of CBD. Sativa strains are known for their energizing and uplifting effects.
Hybrid plants are a mix of both indica and sativa plants. They can contain any ratio of THC to CBD and typically produce effects somewhere between those of indica and sativa strains.
The Effects of Cannabis
- Cannabis has a variety of different effects on the body. These effects are caused by the various compounds found in cannabis, including THC and CBD.
- THC is responsible for the psychoactive effects of cannabis. It can cause feelings of relaxation, euphoria, increased appetite, and impaired memory.
- Cannabis also has various other effects on the body, such as increasing heart rate and decreasing blood pressure.
The Different Ways to Use Cannabis.
- Cannabis can be smoked using a pipe, bong, or joint. It can also be vaporized using a vape pen or e-cigarette.
- Cannabis can also be eaten in the form of edibles, such as brownies or cookies. In addition, cannabis-infused oils can also be used to cook various food items.
- Cannabis can also be applied topically in the form of creams or ointments.
Cannabis is a widely used substance that has various effects on the body. It is made up of many different compounds, the most well-known of which are THC and CBD.