If you’re in the market for a new car or looking for auto insurance, you should be aware of the various types of coverage that are available on a car insurance policy. There are several types of car insurance coverage like Type 2+ Car Insurance Thailand available to help protect you, your passengers, and your vehicle in the event of a car accident. Auto liability coverage, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, medical payments coverage, and personal injury protection are the six most common car insurance coverage options. Some of these coverages are required in your state, while others are optional. Understanding what is required in your state and what each helps cover can assist you in selecting the best coverage for your situation.
Car insurance with a low cost and a broad range of benefits for damage to the insured vehicle caused by collisions with/by other land vehicles and flooding. Furthermore, a customizable plan for Insured vehicle caused by fire, theft, and total loss arising from collision against/by land vehicles or all other accidents (excluding fire and theft) will be available in the future.
Coverage for Collisions
If you have an accident with another vehicle or hit an object, such as a fence, collision coverage may pay to repair or replace your vehicle (up to its actual cash value and minus your deductible). Collision coverage is usually an option. It may, however, be required by your vehicle’s leaseholder or lender.
Comprehensive coverage may assist in covering damage to your vehicle caused by theft, fire, hail, or vandalism. If your car is damaged by a covered peril, comprehensive coverage may assist in paying for repairs or replacement (up to the vehicle’s actual cash value).This coverage includes a deductible, which is the amount you must pay out of pocket before your insurer will reimburse you for covered expenses.
Plan Named Driver:
The premiums for this plan are the lowest. You must specify who will be driving your vehicle (up to 4 people). This policy only covers accidents that occur while one of the drivers listed on the policy is driving your vehicle.If someone else is driving the car at the time of the accident, coverage may be denied.
Any driver over the age of 30 who has a valid driver’s licence:
At a slightly higher cost, this plan provides more convenience than the Named Driver plan. Anyone over the age of 30 can drive your car without being named on the policy. You must identify the primary driver, who will be in charge of your vehicle the majority of the time.
- Third-party bodily injury liability
- Property damage caused by a third party
- Flood damage to an insured vehicle
- Damage to the insured vehicle caused by a collision with/by another land vehicle, and the ability to report the other party
- Fire and theft damage to an insured vehicle
Vehicle design (Asian and European)
- Sedan with a maximum of 7 seats for private or commercial use only, not for hire/rent (code 110/120).
- No more than 4 tonnes of truck for hire or rent (code 320)
- The vehicle’s current market value must be greater than 2,000,000 THB and less than the sum insured on the chosen package.
- Standard equipment and accessories from the manufacturer or car dealer are covered, with a limit of 20,000 THB per accident.
- Maximum vehicle age is 20 years.
- Premium at a fixed rate (the same rate for new and renewal year)